Friday, March 6, 2009

FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD


5.5 months old and I didn't want to let another month go by without giving you an update. A lot of new milestones and fun since my last post. Let me list a few: I started eating rice cereal about a month ago. All was going well until I increased my intake and I didn't poop for 2 days. The pediatrician recommended 2 ounces of prune juice mixed with some water....and 2 hours later, it was "watch out below!" Luckily for my parents, the big one came when my other nanny, Lauren, was watching me. She was a superstar! Needless to say, I've switched to oatmeal and I am LOVING it! See my pic below.

I also have been taking more rides in the baby jogger. It's a lot of fun because I get to spend time with both mommy and daddy while they do something they enjoy. They are both training for LJ half-marathon.

As for milestones, I am sitting up more...not quite on my own but getting very close. I like my Bumbo (the blue seat) a lot more and prefer to sit as opposed to laying down. If I sit in my bouncy seat that's become more of a recliner now (because I'm getting heavy), I like to do crunches so I can see what's going on...and well, work on my abs for the ladies. Oops - I mean, for mommy. On the topic of sitting, mommy and daddy pulled out the highchair and I've been eating my cereal in it. I only have 1 serving a day but I bet by my next post, I'll be up to more servings and maybe even some new food.

I've also been spending more time on my tummy. I can't quite roll over by myself yet (getting close!) but I like to hang out in what we call "tummy time." Check out my cute pose with my hands in prayer position.

As for outings, I'm still hitting up a lot of restaurants and flirting with the waitresses. I don't sleep through as many meals as I used to but I'm still behavin'. I'm on a good schedule and overall, a very happy boy that has discovered the art of laughter...sometimes I laugh with mommy and daddy for minutes on end. My deep belly laughs are the best.

Bye for now.

No comments: