Saturday, June 6, 2009

Planes, Trains & Automobiles








I'm 8.5 months old and pushing 20 lbs.  I've gotten really good at manuevering around and I'm hours away from crawling.  I sit up entirely on my own and am still waiting on my teeth to come in.  I show all signs of teething but still, nothing to show for it but a big slobbery smile.

Last weekend I was in Princeton for mommy and daddy's 10 year college reunion - they're old! It was Uncle Michael's 5 year reunion too.   I flew on my first airplane and was well behaved until the pilot told us that Philly airport gave our gate away and we had to sit on the runway for an extra 30 minutes.  I had a small temper tantrum and a big stinky poop in protest....they let me off first.

We stayed at grandmom and grandad's house in NJ.  They had prepared everything - from crib, to highchair and even a jumparoo!  Woohoo!  I got to meet several of mommy and daddy's friends and made friends with their kids.  Below is one of the photos of mommy and me with her college roomates and my friends, Charlie and Emma.   Emma taught me how to say, "cheese" when I get my picture taken and Charlie showed me his Baby Einstein video collection.

I don't know if it was the time change or grandmom's house, but mommy and daddy were extra tired and daddy complained of a headache every morning, and that he was too old for partying.  They came home after midnight every night but that wasn't my fault - I was up and ready to play at 6am.  Luckily for me, grandmom and grandad were excited to play with me too.  Even Tia Ne got up early to play with me.  I'll be going to her wedding in the Fall - she is marrying Daddy's brother, Tio Lalo.   

Once back home, mommy's sister, Veronica, also visited.  She is the one kissing my head.  

I've enjoyed the pool and plan to start swim lessons in the next couple of months.  I'm also taking walks on the beach and going out to bbqs and events.  Overall, I'm a pretty happy dude and I'm enjoying summertime in San Diego.  We have extra bedrooms at home so let my mommy and daddy know if you want to come visit me!

No comments: